The Learning Edge Competition
Are you a teacher who loves to bring your subject to life in class?
Every day, public high school teachers across the State are using creative methods to inspire young minds and light the spark of passion for their subjects.
The Learning Edge 3 minute video competition
Together with the NSW Department of Education, we’re giving NSW public high school teachers the chance to showcase their skills via a 3 minute video.
Videos need to display a blend of innovative teaching methods, passion for their subject and how they will inspire students. The top five entries across the State will receive:
- a $2000 video software or hardware production package to take your lessons to the next level, PLUS
- a mentoring workshop on bringing your teaching to an online audience.
How do I enter?
After checking you meet the eligibility criteria:
- Film a short 3 minute video demonstrating your ‘Learning Edge’. Snippets of videos we receive will be shared on social media.
- Complete and return a PDF entry form to accompany your video.
- Upload both to enter the competition.
Tips and tricks
- First thing’s first, ensure you have Principal or other senior staff approval.
- Join The Learning Edge Facebook group for inspiration or to post a question.
- Remember to wow us with your talent and creativity up close! Try to avoid filming a regular class lesson.
- For child protection reasons please don’t show children’s faces.
- To identify your submission, and to confirm your upload was successful, we'll ask you for your name and email address
when you enter the competition.
Learn more about the use of technology in the classroom
*Terms and conditions and eligibility criteria apply to enter the competition. See the entry form PDF for the full terms and conditions.
Competition runs from 2 May 2019 to 24 May 2019.