13 12 21
Phone enquiries are available 8am to 7pm, weekdays and
9am to 3pm, Saturday.
Our offices are open Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm.
Teachers Mutual Bank produced a report on our sustainability program and our approach to climate change. A summary of this report is below:
1. We are carbon neutral, and have been since July 2012.
2. Teachers Mutual Bank is a carbon neutral bank, and all members’ accounts are with a carbon neutral bank.
3. We have invested in three carbon offset projects in Asia-Pacific that have robust social, environment, community and education credentials.
4. We have undertaken two Greenhouse Gas (GHG) accountancy processes
• A GHG emissions Inventory that creates a financial accounting system for our organisational GHG emissions under our operational control in 2013.
• An assurance audit that provides an independent, expert assessment and verification of our Inventory, and verification of our claims of carbon neutrality.
5. Climate change is addressed more broadly across the Bank in our Sustainability Policy and other policies, in such areas as risk, reporting and disclosure, waste, supply chain and sourcing, car fleet, environmental education and grants, energy efficiency.
6. Teachers Mutual Bank has zero direct investment in any large-scale greenhouse polluting activity or company.
7. Teachers Mutual Bank does not use members’ funds to finance large-scale greenhouse-gas pollution.
8. Teachers Mutual Bank does not use members’ deposits to directly lend to, buy equity or debt in, any large-scale greenhouse polluting activities from fossil fuel exploration, extraction, production and use.
9. We take this approach because as a business we believe in creating a brighter future.