Home > New online banking
Internet banking just got better.
Simple to use and more secure than ever.
Internet banking has changed for the better.
Log in and you’ll discover a new internet banking experience…stronger security, simpler navigation, greater functionality and more interactive options.
Find out what's changed
Improvement to security
We’ve removed the CAPTCHA displayed (distorted image text) at log-in, streamlining your access. Now you just need to type in your member number and access code and you’re away.
We’ve also added an extra layer of security within the site. A one-time password is a six digit number sent as an SMS to your mobile phone. A one-time password is now required when making certain transactions in online banking, they are:
- adding a new personal payee or updating an existing one
- transferring funds to new, unregistered payees
- viewing or performing maintenance on your account – such as a change of address
- changing your online banking codes
Great new design and functions
We’ve improved the design – making it easier to get around, and easier to use.
- quick links to get to BPAY and transfers
- an ‘I want to’ menu taking you straight to our most popular functions
- the ability to rename your accounts.
Introducing secure messagingWe’ve introduced secure messaging and web chat which allows you to communicate live with us online. It’s secure and personal. Web chat hours are 8.30am to 5pm, weekdays.
What do you need to do?
Make sure we have your correct mobile number so that you are ready for any transactions that require a one-time password. A one-time password is a six digit number sent as an SMS to your mobile phone or to a security token.
If you have changed your mobile phone number recently you can change it in:
- Internet banking - Simply go to Update Details located within the Other menu.
- Mobile banking - Simply log in to mobile banking via our app and select Personal Details located within the More menu.
- Alternatively you can call us on 13 12 21 8am to 7pm, weekdays or 9am to 3pm, Saturday.
Don't have a mobile?
No problem, you can request a security token for any transactions that require a one-time password.