Home > Join Now
When you join Teachers Mutual Bank, you’ll own a share in one of Australia’s largest mutual banks.
This means, you're not just a customer, you're a shareholder who benefits from our profits with competitive rates, low fees and amazing products and services. Since 1966 we’ve understood that teachers have specific financial needs and have focused on offering low cost, competitive products compared to the big banks.
How we put you first
Who can join?
Membership is open to employees in the Australian education sector and family members of existing Teachers Mutual Bank members who are Australian citizens or permanent residents. Including:
- employees in the Australian education sector at:
- government pre-schools, schools and education departments or TAFE/CIT
- private schools (but not coaching or tutoring colleges) and
- Members of Teachers Health Fund.
- Registration with the Teachers Registration Board of WA.
- Studying a teaching degree at university and a student member of the relevant education union.
- Employees in the Australian education sector, and a member of the relevant industrial association
- Retired employees of the Australian education sector
- Family members of a Teachers Mutual Bank member, including:
- grandparent or
Not sure you can join? Contact us.
How to join
To get started you will need:
- Tax File Number
- Drivers License
- Medicare Card
Don't worry if you don't have these documents, we will call you to complete your application later.
You will need to become a shareholder to join - all you need to do is pay just $10.
Do you have more questions?
Visit our Membership FAQs